08 October 2009

When life gives you lemons...

grab a bottle of tequila. Unfortunately tonight I have no tequila so tonight writing shall be my tequila. If serious isn't you thing this evening, you might want to skip this post.

For the last 10 weeks, I've been the a listening ear for a friend who's hubby has been going through trooper school. S and I are childhood friends. We've literally known each other for over 20 years. Gasp - hey I'm not that old! We just have known each other since birth. Without getting into all the details, it had been a while since S and I had talked. Not because of anything other than life just taking us in different directions. This past summer, S and I met back up at another childhood friends wedding. Since then we have been staying in touch a la facebook.

Now that you have the Reader's Digest condensed version of our friendship, I can get back to my point. S messaged me today about how things are going with her and her hubby. I had told her that the hubs was gone with week. She responded that she couldn't imagine and that as soon as her hubby got home she was never letting him go again.

In that moment, I wanted to ball my eyes out. You see the thing that I try not to talk about on here is personal things about my life. Specifically the Army side of my life. Yes the hubs is in the Army, but we do the best that we can to just live life. The Army dictates enough of our lives that I can't let it control every aspect. But today when my friend said that, this life we chose overwhelmed me. As long as the hubs is in the Army, I will forever be letting my husband go.

This week it's training. Soon it will be a school that will take him away for longer, and after that, down the road at some point, there will be another deployment. And from day to day, I don't think about any of it. I enjoy each and everyday, because today is what we have.


No comments: