18 February 2011

Two Weeks


Caitlyn Elizabeth is two weeks old today. Where is the time going? I about cried tonight because she is already too long for my favorite set of her pj's. So sad but good at the same time. While I am still a VERY brand new momma, I have learned a few things in the last two weeks. 
~ There is nothing better than a sleeping baby on your chest. 
~ Sometimes babies just need to be cuddled even at 3am. 
~ Breastfeeding is tricky, not as "natural" feeling as I thought it would be, and gives me a great excuse to hide away when Caitlyn and I have had a little too much party. 
~ Being pregnant did not make me feel beautiful. Being a mom does! 
~ Sending a daily Caitlyn pic to the grandparents, uncles and aunt is a must! 
~ Watching your tiny baby have blood drawn will break your heart. 
~ Public bathrooms are disgusting. Or at least they are when you are changing your baby in them. 
~ My husband loves being a daddy, and lil Caitlyn loves having him as a daddy! 
~ Life is good. Even at 3:30am while changing a diaper and feeding a baby, life is good! 
~ I love being a Mom. It has given new meaning to my life. It is so easy and so hard at the same time but more rewarding than anything I've ever done! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so true! Glad you all are doing good..She is so precious!

Tales from the Trails said...

What a precious baby girl. We are winding down to the arrival of our baby girl. Love your thoughts in the post. I will definitely have to remember them in the next few weeks.