10 November 2008

Hope

I was reminded tonight that there is always hope. I am hoping for this year a lot of things this year. I'm hoping for a white Christmas. I'm hoping for a blizzard the day my husband is supposed to return to Iraq. Hey one can always hope. ;) I have more serious hopes. I hope with all my heart that everyone in my husbands unit comes home safely to their families. Remember there is always hope. I'll leave you now with a few of my favorite quotes on the subject.  

The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. 
~Allan K. Chalmers

I still believe in hope - mostly because there is no such place as Fingers Crossed, Arkansas. 
~Molly Ivins

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. 
~ Robert Fulghum

Love should end with hope. Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight it will not be the last time that I look upon you. 
~ A Knight's Tale (sorry had to throw in a movie quote). 

So what are you hoping for today?

No comments: