28 December 2008

Charitable Holiday Giving

Every year my family talks about doing something different for Christmas presents. We all have more than we need, and it feels excessive every year. Don't get me wrong I'm still a child at heart and love getting gift. I also love giving gifts. I will post later about some of the incredible gifts that hubby and I got this year. 

However today, let's talk stockings. They are a tradition for many families. Both our families have been doing them for years. However this year, my Mother-in-Law decided to take the money that would have been spent on each stocking and instead give to a charity in our name. She picked four different charities (one for each of us). I was so excited to hear that she had done this. I hope that it is a tradition that will be continued. Anyone else have someone give to charity in their name or did you give for someone? Any other unique gift giving? 

No comments: