09 December 2008

Tag You're It - Christmas Edition

I was tagged by The Vintage Chair for a little get-to-know-you-better Christmas fun. I'm tagging Bonnie (Thriving is Elegant) and Julia (More than Perfection). Have fun with it. 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Generally wrapping paper, I like to decorate the packages. 

2. Real tree or artificial?
My family has always had a real tree and so has hubbies. We'll be getting a real tree this year.

3. When do you put up the tree?
We will put it up this weekend. Normally it would go up earlier, but I'm waiting for a special delivery from overseas. 

4. When do you take the tree down?
I will take it down around New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog?
No not really

6. Favorite gift as a child?
A stuffed puppy that my Mommom gave me. I've slept with it since she gave it to me. It has traveled with me to France, and is currently keeping hubby company in Iraq.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Dad and Father-in-Law

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Adam (hubby) and my brother are very easy to shop for. 

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, I don't. My mom and Mommom have beautiful, white, simple porcelain sets. I hope to have one of theirs passed down to me one day. 

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Definitely mail, there is nothing personal about an email card

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
An ex's Mom gave me a wooden carved angel. It sounds pretty, but it wasn't. 

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After Thanksgiving and usually don't finish up until Christmas Eve

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
See #11. Hysterically enough, my Great Aunt thought it was awesome. 

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Sugarcake. It's Moravion and yummy. 

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes, the clear white ones. I think there is something so classic and beautiful about white tree lights. 

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"I'll Be Home for Christmas" - it has a lot more meaning now more than ever. 
"Morningstar" - it's a beautiful Moravion hymm

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We will be traveling this year. I would love to have a place where our family could come to us. 

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
probably not

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We had a star for a long time. Not sure about this year. 

21. When do you open presents?
Hubby and I will have our own Christmas at some point. My family usually does one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day. 

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Traffic is insane this time of year.  

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like maroon and gold as a color scheme. 

24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
I had beef fondue one year for Christmas. I have to say that it's to this day my favorite holiday meal. 

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
We got lucky. Adam's R&R is over Christmas. Having my husband home for our first married Christmas is the best gift I can imagine. 

26. What was the first gift of Christmas?
For me the first gift of Christmas is getting outside of myself and doing for others with no strings attached. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! He'll be here like, any day now, won't he?! That's SO exciting! How wonderful to be able to have him home with you for Christmas... I'm so happy for you.
I LOVE gold and maroon! That's what my mom had last year, and it was beautiful!

Jess said...

Thanks! Yep, I'm just waiting to hear from him at this point. I'm so happy for you that you get to spend Christmas with your hubby also.

Leah Brunner said...

I didn't realize you had a blog! that's super exciting he'll be home SOON!