07 March 2009

Fly



"Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far far away." Today the sun is out. The birds are chirping, and I can hear kids out on the playground. Yep it's one of those glorious end of winter days in the South. The type that will fool you into thinking that Spring has arrived. The good news is that Spring is right around the corner. I am looking forward to warmer weather, flip flops, sundresses, and the countdown to summer!!

Today I would like to encourage you to fly. I was watching a Harry Potter movie for a brief second. I cannot even begin to explain how out of character this is, but there was a line that caught my attention. Hermione tells Harry that he is crazy to chase after this kid because "You can't even fly." Harry jumps on his broom and takes off anyway. What a great lesson in life! Most people would have put their broom down and said your right what am I thinking.

I encourage you don't let other people discourage you. One of the greatest things I learned in college was that I am the solely in charge of changing my circumstances. So today I encourage to pick up your broom and fly - ok not literally, but whatever your dream is today pursue it. Don't let anyone stop you especially don't allow yourself to get in the way!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm off to enjoy the gorgeous weather. I hope you get the chance to do the same.

No comments: