04 August 2009

Holding the smile...

Have you ever felt like a song was written just for you? There are times when I turn on the radio that I swear the artist is singing just for me. I promise I'm not that vain. What I mean is that I connect so intensely with the song that I could have written it. While I do not relate to the whole song, lately every time I hear the first few lines of lyrics to The Fray's song Never Say Never, I'm amazed at how well i can relate to it.

Here it is:
There's some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile


Please don't get me wrong, my life is absolutely wonderful right now. August is a fabulous month for the hubby and I. Hubs got promoted yesterday. We head to Maui in just a few short weeks. Plus we are packing up and moving out of our VERY tiny apartment into a beautiful new place. So why the Debbie Downer lyrics? I think it's because in just a few shorts lines it summed up the way I felt while the hubs was deployed for 15 months.

what lyrics are inspiring you right now and why?

No comments: