20 May 2011

The Big 3-0

A few days ago, I turned 30. Oh 3-0, where did you come from? Want to know a little secret? I was excited to leave my 20's. My twenties were an adventure but a tumultuous adventure. Don't believe me, but I really am excited to move into my 30's. Don't get me wrong, it feels impossible that I am thirty.  Perhaps that's why I am so ok being 30, I still feel 25, and according to my brother, am still look like I should be carded. 


Here are the 20's highlights:
~ study abroad in France
~ college 
~ watching my brother Josh graduate high school and four years later college
~ meeting my other brother, Tyler 
~ meeting, dating, and marrying Adam
~ buying and paying off my first car
~ Bailey
~ re-connecting with multiple friends, especially B, thanks to the internet
~ my "Sons"
~ Maui
~ having Caitlyn
~  a job that led me to meet great friends and my future husband
~ dancing with a company in SC and then in college


Here are a few of the low points:
~ the death of two childhood friends
~ the loss of my Granny, great-aunt, and grandmother
~ multiple goodbyes to "sons", friends, and Adam


See my 20's were pretty good! There were some major lows, but the good definitely outweighed the bad. Notice I didn't put regrets up there. Well, I don't really have any. Are there things that aren't so pretty in my past? Sure, BUT they got me to where I am today. If I changed those things, my life would not be what it is today.

How did you feel about turning 30? Did you embrace it or run from it?

P.S. Are we really so silly to think that we can "run" from aging? 




2 comments:

Joyti said...

Oo, happy birthday to you.
I think its nice to get older...every era/decade of one's life should or could be an adventure. And I do believe that we do grow wiser.

rebecca said...

i love this post. i'm getting closer and closer to 30 and it freaks me out. but why should it? i will remember my 20's as a time of figuring it all out. which is good and bad i suppose.