21 July 2011

Bedtime Read


Every night before she goes to sleep, we read a bedtime book. My favorite is one that her Grandma got her. It's Time to Sleep, My Love, by Nancy Tillman and Eric Metaxas, has beautiful pictures and such sweet words. My favorite part:

You're dreams will be arriving soon.
They'll float to you 
in sleep's balloon. 

They'll be here when I snuff the wick,
you'd better close your eyelids quick.
So you can dream, my love, my love.
So you can dream, my love. 

And as you dream inside your sleep,
the fishes crooning in the deep, and 
all the songbirds up above 
will sleep and dream of you, my love,
of you, the one I love. 

Do you read to your child(ren) before bed? If so, what is your favorite book? 

1 comment:

bonniebelle said...

We are so bad about bedtime routines! But when I do read to her I love On the Night You Were Born! It's awesome!! Like you said beautiful pictures and I love the words, all about how the polar bears danced and the wind wispered your name on the night you were born. :-) I'll have to check out yours!