16 February 2009

10 Months

We have officially hit the 10 month mark in this deployment. I don't really know what to say other than it's been a journey. One day I would like to sit back and reflect on this deployment - the highs, the lows, and lessons learned, but right now it's still too personal. I wish I could say that we only have two more months to go, but we don't. We have another five. I do know that we have grown as a couple through this, but I wouldn't say it's easy.

In other news, I hope everyone had a love filled Saturday. I'm not a huge Valentine's Day person. Hubby and I don't need a day to be reminded that we love each other. We are firm believers in telling and showing each other every chance we get. We still "celebrate" the day, but it's not a major deal. I put celebrate in quotes because for the third year in a row we have not been able to spend it together. In fact, we have yet to even be in the same state on that day. lol Maybe next year. Despite my Debbie Downer attitude toward the holiday, I hope that everyone had a great day.

No comments: