25 February 2009

Economy

I have been very lucky to not really be affected by the current economic situation. Hubby has a job that is more than secure. Last I checked the military isn't laying anyone off. ;) I'm blessed to have a job that is (at least at the moment) also very secure. I work for an advertising company in their military department so as long as the military is buying I have a job. So far the only thing that I had really noticed about the economy was lower gas prices. Seriously, who's going to complain about that?

Well yesterday it hit home. My Dad was laid off effective Friday. My Dad is a superintendent for a construction company. With the housing market the way that it is, he knew that it was coming and started looking for a new job several months ago. My parents will be fine, and he pretty much has another job lined up.

However it's still scary because it has finally convinced me that all this talk of the economy is real. Yea I knew it when our stocks took a nose dive. We lost what could have been a down payment on a house - OUCH! I guess what I'm saying is that it's hard to believe all the talk when it has not touched you yet.

So how has the economic situation effected you?

No comments: