28 December 2009

Incredible Christmas

The Hubs and I have spent the weekend traveling visiting family and friends. We got truly spoiled by both sets of parents. However before we headed out on Christmas Eve, the Hubs and I exchanged our gifts. The hubs was really excited about his Blu-Ray player. I was totally shocked by what he got me. First I wanted to share a picture of what our house looked like at Christmas. Bailey is sitting on top of the couch cushions. Isn't she cute?



Ok back to gifts! The first package that I opened had a hot pink travel pillow in it, so I knew we were going somewhere. It also had a ballet Christmas ornament in it. I've been getting ballet ornaments for years, so this was not a surprise. However in the next package was The Swan Princess. Ya know the Disney animated movie? I love Disney movies, but I found the choice to be a little odd. I was thoroughly confused at this point. The last thing for me to open was a card. The Hubs had specifically said to open it last. Inside the envelope were hotel reservations and tickets. The hotel reservations are for a hotel in Times Square, and the tickets are to see the New York City Ballet perform Swan Lake.
It has always been my dream to see the NYCB perform, and Swan Lake is one of my favorite ballets! Even better - we are going over Valentine's Day weekend. The Hubs and I have not spent a Valentine's Day together in three years so this is an extra special treat!

Anyone else get an extra special and surprising Christmas present this year?

No comments: