31 December 2009

What the...


This is my mood today, ya'll. I don't know why. If anything I should be bouncing off the walls this year, but I'm not.
On this day last year, I kissed the Hubs goodbye and put him on a plane back to Iraq. This year he is home, and we get to celebrate a new year together. I'm thrilled and feel horrible guilt at the same time. I've had such a blessed holiday season (Thanksgiving - New Year's) spent with dear friends, family and the Hubs while I have friends who have spent the holidays without their hubbies. With each day my heart has gone out to them remembering what it was like while the Hubs was gone. Perhaps this is part of the reason for the dark cloud hanging over my head, I don't know. Maybe it's because all my best friends are out of town. Maybe it's because I'm pms'ing like a mo fo. Maybe it's because realistically I know this is our first and last New Year's in our current town - this makes me sad and happy at the same time. All I know is - I'm acting like I've already had to much party, and the party hasn't even started yet.
P.S. The party is at our house. There are like four people coming. I swear it's not going to suck. Drop by!


UPDATE: Day just got better - I have 7 followers! Haha hey I take what I can get. Amanda over at MODG has been cracking me up and making me smile for weeks now. Check her out!


1 comment:

bonniebelle said...

I'm sorry you were so down, girl! I think you're right, you were probably experiencing something similar to Surviver's Guilt. But keep in mind that that is how the millitary works. You gave up some of your holidays last year so that other families could have their loved ones home, and this year it was your turn to have your loved one home. Don't feel bad for enjoying it. You've put in your time, and the next time you're asked to give him up, I'm sure you'll let go with as much grace and elegance as you did last year! Love you!