27 May 2010

The 30 List


Want in on a lil secret? Last week  I had a birthday. Big ole number 29. Whew! This has led to A LOT of thinking about next years bday. The BIG ONE! Ok well maybe not the biggest one, but it feels pretty monumental. Then again that might be because the Hubs has taken EVERY opportunity to remind me that I will be 30 before he will. Stinker! All this thinking and reminding from the Hubs has resulted in The 30 List. A list of things to have completed by my 30th birthday. If I was really clever, there would be thirty items. However, I'm not really clever.

The 30 List
1) GRE and Grad School - it's time to get off my butt and pick a future!
2) Get in the BEST shape that I can be in!
3) Run a half marathon - this technically goes with the item above. It is a goal that I've already started working on. Rockstar! The half is in March so we will see!
4) Wear more and try more colors of lipstick! I by this lady who wears lipstick beautifully! I  have found that bright lipstick does AMAZING things for my mood. P.S. You've found the right shade when multiple people complement you on it.
5) Add to our lil family! Whether it's a baby or another furbaby, I would love for our lil family to expand in the next year.
6) Take more photographs! I love, love, love to take pictures, but have gotten slack lately and haven't been taking as many.
7) Perfect my golf game! I say this as if I just golf all the time. I actually just started playing, but I love it. Plus it's something that the Hubs and I enjoy doing together.
8) Appreciate all the sweet lil things the Hubs does for me! Lil things like cleaning my old, nasty golf clubs while I was at work yesterday. They look so good now!
9) Try at least one new recipe every week! I love to cook and bake, but make a lot of the same things over and over again. It's time to get brave and try new things. Plus I have a zillion cookbooks with recipes just dying to be made.
10) Take advantage of being so close to dear friends and family! We were recently reminded how temporary our current location could really be. It really made me appreciate how lucky we are to be so close to so many people that we love.

I will keep ya updated on my list. And maybe, just maybe I will continue to add to the list until I have 30 items. Won't I look clever then!

No comments: