21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day

For years I dreaded Father's Day. It's a long story, but in the last 7 years I got incredibly lucky. My mom met and married a wonderful man who has become my dad. Last year he adopted me. This year it was a joy to see Father's Day come. 

I have learned that what makes a person a Dad is not about blood relation. I hope each and everyone of you have a man in your life that has influenced you positively. You may not call him Dad, but that doesn't make him or his influence any less important. 

Last I would like to leave you with the chorus from our Father/Daughter dance from when the hubs and I got married. 

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

1 comment:

jlc said...

so so true!!


i totally agree with what you say and that blood doesnt make family... but it's the relationships!!

great post!