27 June 2009

My Sister's Keeper

Today I had a date with girlfriends, J and M. We went to see My Sister's Keeper. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely worth seeing. Take tissues! For those of you who have not read the book, it's a sad story. However it might just be the best acting Cameron Diaz has ever done. In fact, all the acting in the movie is very good.  

SMALL SPOILER ALERT

If you have had someone you know go through cancer, this may not be the movie for you to watch. On the other hand, it may help you to watch it. My Papa died of cancer 11 years ago, and there were a few parts that were really hard to watch. Maybe it was just the story or maybe it was because I remember what that felt like. Regardless, it's a great movie, but Take Your Tissues! 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm off to an outdoor jazz concert. 

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

No comments: