01 October 2010

Finally Friday

                                                                      (photo credit)

Like the use of alliteration? I can't remember the last time a week felt as long as this week has. Whew! Am I glad this week is over. Not only because it was a long week, but I've been anxiously waiting for this weekend. We are heading to my parents tonight to spend the weekend. We will be celebrating lil bro's b-day, Dad's new job, and my double-bonus from work. The boys will be heading to a football game tomorrow. I'm not sure what I will do while they are there, but I'm sure I will find something to get into. Perhaps more baby shopping, or house shopping or shoe shopping...see the trend.

Another reason for this weeks countdown, my bestie finds out the sex of her baby today. Our pregnancies are just a few weeks a part so it's been super fun. I'm so excited for my friend. Finding out the babies sex has been one of the most memorable moments while being pregnant with Baby Snick.

I realized I did not divulge the origin of the nickname Baby Snick. My grandmother, who passed this past Easter, used to call me snick. It was short for snicklefritz. She has a large number of grandkids and couldn't get my name out one day so she just said "snicklefritz." The name stuck. Dad and I knew right away what she would have called my baby - Baby Snick. So baby snick she is!


1 comment:

Tiffany Kadani said...

That's such a cute story. And congrats on having a little girl. So sweet!